It’s been 22 days since I started my newest weight loss saga. Here’s what’s happened since then:
- I have lost 6 pounds
- I’ve done yoga anywhere between once to twice a week, still haven’t made it up to 3x
- I’ve EASILY drank anywhere between 7-12 cups of water in a day. I try to refill about a 20oz drinking cup as many times as I can muster, and I limit myself to one soda a day if any.
- (Minus this week, which was a bit insane) I’ve been bringing my lunch and my breakfast, to avoid going out where I don’t have as much control over my calorie intake. Though this week, since I went out a lot, I avoided high calorie drinks and snacking if I could.
- LOOK MY CHIN IS COMING BACK. I hope it’s not just me seeing that. And yeah I’m wearing make up in the picture I just took and not the other one, but it’s okay.
- I’ve been going for walks at least twice a week with people from work during lunches
- I’ve taken the stairs at work AT LEAST twice a day (3 flights) and I don’t pant (as much, if at all) anymore when I get to the top.
- We’ve had two volleyball games through work and my second one went MUCH better.
My self control has been so much better, I’m making an effort to eat better (yeah I had five guys and a couple cupcakes, nobody’s perfect), but I’ve made really decent strides in just a month. I’m hoping that I can lose 2 more pounds by the end of next week so I can -maybe- see a little more of that chin for my engagement photos on Sunday.
I’ve made decent changes in my daily routine, but I haven’t totally flipped it on it’s head, and I haven’t stopped eating candy and burgers. It’s just all in moderation. I was saying screw it every day and eating all this stuff. I do yoga, I don’t run, I walk. I try playing volleyball, and it’s pretty much only because it’s fun. I’ve never been active in my entire life, so it’s difficult to just all of a sudden add in exercise and want to stick with it. But I totally killed my yoga session tonight, and I’m happy about that.
I haven’t been at this weight since May 2012, so there’s a little bit of encouragement there. In the past year, I’ve gone up as much as 13 pounds at the highest weight I found myself at, but since I started this, it’s 6.
I’m excited. I’m seeing something happen. It’s great.